HOME    About this site    mypage    Japanese    library    university    Feedback

University of the Ryukyus Repository >
Faculty of Engineering >
Bulletin >
The Science Bulletin of the Division of Agriculture, Home Economics and Engineering  >
No.11 (1964/12) >

 
Title :壮令広葉樹林分と壮令リュウキュウマツ林分との収益性試算
Title alternative :Comparison of the rentability of mature broad-leaved forest and mature Ryukyu-matsu (Pinus luchuensis Mays) forest.
Authors :砂川, 季昭
Authors alternative :Sunakawa, Sueaki
Issue Date :Dec-1964
Abstract :1. To compare rentability of the broad-leaved forest and the Ryukyu-matsu (Pinus luchuensis Mayr) forest, the author calculated the expectation value of forest land and index percent. Necessary factors are decided as follows: 1) The least diameter of the breast height of log is 12 cm. 2) Lumber percentage are 50% in 30 years and 60% in 35 years in the broad-leaved tree, and the percentage of other age prescribed accordingly. The percentage of the Ryukyu-matsu added 10% to the broad-leaved tree. 3) The percentage to be utilized for fuel is the remainder of 90%, the value of the tree for utilization. 4) Price of Ryukyu-matsu per 1 m^3 in the lumber is $ 5.00 of 20 years of age and $ 9.00 of 40 years, and as to the broad-leaved tree, $ 4.50 in 20 years and $ 6.50 in 40 years. The price of tree of other ages are prescribed accordingly. The price of the both kinds. of trees for fuelwood are $ 0.15. 5) The expenditure per 1 ha of Ryukyu-matsu as $134.50 and that of the broad-leaved tree is $18.00. 6) Forest management expence is $ 3.00. 7) The rate of interrest is 6%. 8) The value of land is considered from both the net value of forest soil and the estimated land value, $150.00. 2. The suitable final age of the Ryukyu-matsu is 25 to 35 years, and that of the broad-leaved tree, 25 to 30 years. 3. The economical maximum utilization period of land for the Ryukyu-matsu is 35 years and 30 years for the broad-leaved tree. The return from final cutting in these periods are $1620.25 for the Ryukyu-matsu, $703.80 for the broad-leaved tree when tendered and $535.50 when untendered. The expectation value of land is $197.22, $76.57 and $62.88 respectively. The Ryukyu-matsu is better than the broad-leaved tree for rentability. However, when the management of the Ryukyu-matsu is unproper, the return from final cuttings of it is greater than that of the broad-leaved trees, the rentability may be smaller. Therefore, it is necessary to consider whether to plant the Ryukyu-matsu or not in the remote land.
Type Local :紀要論文
ISSN :0485-7828
Publisher :琉球大学農家政工学部
URI :http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12000/19327
Citation :琉球大学農家政工学部学術報告 = The science bulletin of the Division of Agriculture, Home Economics & Engineering, University of the Ryukyus no.11 p.102 -108
Appears in Collections:No.11 (1964/12)

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
No11p102.pdf457KbAdobe PDFView/Open