HOME    About this site    mypage    Japanese    library    university    Feedback

University of the Ryukyus Repository >
Faculty of Engineering >
Bulletin >
The Science Bulletin of the Division of Agriculture, Home Economics and Engineering  >
No.7 (1960/12) >

 
Title :沖縄在来稲の分類に関する研究 : 第1報 形態的・生態的特性による分類
Title alternative :Studies on the classification of Okinawan local rice varieties. 1. On the morphological and ecological characteristics.
Authors :永松, 土巳
新城, 長有
Authors alternative :Nagamatsu, Tsutsumi
Shinjo, Choyu
Issue Date :Dec-1960
Abstract :1) Seventeen varieties of Okinawan local rice were compared with every analyzed ecotype with respect to 16 morphological and ecological characteristics. 2) The local rice varieties were divided into two groups, 1st group (Japonica) and 2nd group (Indica), by combining 3 characters which were differentiated by phenol reaction, easiness of endosperm destruction and existence of awn. The 1st group was, again, divided into 3 minor groups of a, b and c, and 2nd group into 2 groups of a and b. Existence of Japonica and Indica within Okinawan local rice varieties were ascertained by this paper. 3) Man1 local varieties were thought to be introduced from the regions as Japan, Java and their neighbourhoods, by reason of the fact that the local rice varieties showed combination of same characters of Japanese and Javan rices (bulu and tjereh) were respectively 5 (29%) and 10 (59%) varieties; and the total of them were 88% of all local rices. 4) The method of classification of the varieties into shorter and longer types through the index of length-breadth ratio of the unhusked grain showed an agreement with the classification by combining 3 characters as mentioned above. Therefore, one can classify them by one method and guess characters found by the other method. 5) The local rices and boro group showed good germination ratio in low temperature conditions, but Javan varieties (bulu and tjereh) were very bad. It seemed to be that these variety groups produced ecological variation through the differences of sowing season and the temperature conditions for the growing period. 6) There were many earier local rice varieties in Okinawa, and it seemed to have survived through selections by typhoons. Almost all local varieties had the long culm and big diameter of stem.
Type Local :紀要論文
ISSN :0485-7828
Publisher :琉球大学農家政工学部
URI :http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12000/25037
Citation :琉球大学農家政工学部学術報告 = The science bulletin of the Division of Agriculture, Home Economics & Engineering, University of the Ryukyus no.7 p.147 -161
Appears in Collections:No.7 (1960/12)

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
No7p147.pdf4499KbAdobe PDFView/Open